Sunday, January 3, 2010

One Last Tale From Dartmouth Cove


Well, I won't be writing from Dartmouth Cove any longer. My apartment building exploded and caught on fire just after midnight on New Year's Eve.  I've lost nearly everything and barely escaped with my life.  I did get Stormy out with me, along with my coat and boots, my blackberry and my laptop. That's it. The rest is toasted, literally. You can see the news article about it here. at the Chronicle Herald site.  The apartment on the top floor that you can see the sky through, is/was my apartment.  They have the address wrong, but what else is new. I also did not see anyone from the Red Cross there, and I stayed for hours. I luckily jumped into my car when I got out of the house and drove across the street and parked it. I DID have insurance.  I was the only one in the building though. I'm bunking in at a local hotel with kitchenette, and hope to move into a furnished apartment later this week. 



Not exactly how I was planning to start my New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment