Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wait Times

Well there's two and a half hours of my life I'll never get back. I went to the local hospital for routine bloodwork as a part of my well-woman exam. I hadn't been to that particular hospital for bloodwork. I shall not make that mistake again. I went at 8:30am, thinking most of the early birds would be there and gone by that point. Um, no. The waiting room, which seats about 80 people (I counted) was full, and there were people spilling out into the hallway. So I left and went to visit my folks for an hour or so and went back at 10am. Still full. My number was 99, and they were only calling 45...then I found out they called you twice. Once to register, and once to get your blood taken. It was 12:20pm by the time I was called the second time. WTF? So when I grumbled about it taking so damn long, I was told I could go to Shoppers Drug Mart and get my blood taken there, for $10. I object to paying for it when health care is supposed to be free, but it would have been worth the 2.5 hours of my life I reckon. I will never go back to the hospital for bloodwork AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment