Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer is half over...or did it start?

I'm not sure where July went, but it's all over. And what a busy month it was. So much happening in Halifax, and I soaked up what I could. It began with Canada Day celebrations just down the street at Alderney Landing - music, food, fireworks, and Canada Flag cake! The same day, Cannibis Day was at the Dartmouth Commons...fun times, and I won a prize. Then it was the Highland Games at Dartmouth Commons,followed by the Paul McCartney concert on Halifax Commons.I hiked it over with some friends to Citadel Hill to see for free, and when I couldn't see enough, I walked down to the concert grounds and watched from behind the fence. I was still able to see the whole show and what a show it was! The following weekend was the KISS concert, and I had tickets for that. It pissed down rain most of the day, but when KISS went on, it had stopped. The week inbetween was the Tall Ships Festival, which was pretty amazing as it was the most ships they've had in since 2000. Then it was time to head over to the rock (Newfoundland) for a wedding, where I had a very busy weekend. Following that, I left on a 3 day camping trip with a friend in the Bay of Fundy to go kayaking at high tide through the Hopewell Rocks, and walking on the ocean floor at low tide. Before I knew it, the month was over and here we are at August 1st. While it's been warm, we haven't had many sunny days...is this our summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment