Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Brother is DEAD to Me

My brother is a complete asshole and dead to me. I dared to prod him about his extreme lack of involvement in our parents lives, and weeks go by without him even checking to see that our father is still alive. His response to my email was a brief "FUCK OFF". What a coward. I'm not sure which part of my email to him triggered that response, perhaps when I told him he was a disgrace to the family name, or perhaps it was when I told him his lack of involvement made me want to throw up. Or maybe it was when I told him he failed miserably at his family responsibility...either way, he was pissed and his usual inarticulate self. I don't know how someone can live just down the street from our parents, with a father who has terminal cancer and in his very last weeks, two months at best, and RARELY SEE HIM! He has several days off at a time, and yet doesn't even call, email or stop by. Total idiot with no insight into his reprehensible behaviour. And today he left on vacation for a few weeks out of province. What an inconsiderate asshole.


My brother's behaviour is nothing new. He has been an asshole as long as I can remember. He has treated his family like shit as long as I can remember, and has buried his head in the sand, hoping it will all go away. His parting shot in a second reply email said "Never ever contact me again. I thought I was perfectly clear the last time we crossed paths. If we were the last 2 people on earth I would slit my own throat to never have to hear your voice again. Never ever contact me our anyone from my household for ANY REASON."


Funny thing about that is, he didn't even have the balls to say anything to my face. He is referring to an incident that he caused last fall, and tried to blame on everyone but himself. He abused a perk at work, and got caught - sorry dude, you got YOURSELF into that SHIT. He mentioned being perfectly clear...he didn't even talk to me. The coward called my mother and yelled at her, then called my sister and yelled at her a number of times, and never once emailed, called, or saw me in person. What a coward. I fucking hate him. He is dead to me. I no longer have a brother. I hope he rots in his own personal hell for the rest of his life for ditching our parents like he has in the most difficult year of their lives. I never ever want to see him or hear from him again. My mother said never is an awfully long time. It isn't long enough in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar situation with my uncle while I was looking after Granny until she passed away. He comes over regularly to have lunch with her but rarely helped her out and even mentally abuses me and discredits me and even spreading rumors that I am a freeloader.

    Then he left his sick son for granny to look after and she's not well herself and later and had one confrontation with him that nearly went violent and when Granny stood up to him despite her sickness he yelled and abused her and even black mailed her and I have to give her lots of hugs after it was all over and she says she wants to die and I had offered her and my parents to report to the police and get an AVO/RO against him but they insisted it was not necessary and may do more harm than good. He also had his step son (He gave no notice, he just helped himself) to take her car (His step-son is unlicensed) without her permission and I thought Granny was taking a drive (She just surrendered her license) or the car was getting stolen and I was about to report it to the police too.

    On the day Granny passed away, my uncle (He was Granny's favourite son) came over and told me that I have to the end of the week to move out because he has power of attourny and told me I owe money as well (And I have a disability and on a fixed income and I always pay my fair share on the bills and I had been saving to move out so my family can move Granny in a nursing home of her choice).

    I don't know I should have get a AVO/RO or not while I was still living with Granny but I had moved to another town after mom helped me find a new home but if my uncle contacts me or harasses me again I will get an RO/AVO on him with or without my family's agreement and they know that my uncle and I are enemies now and I renounce any relationship to him and his family unit. I have no uncle.

    ReplyDelete