Friday, June 26, 2009

Vacation Ramblings

Yeah, been on vacation. So has the sun. It finally came out briefly yesterday and then it has been mostly out today, the last day of my vacation. It rained quite a bit in the several days prior. I was able to get the patio furniture painted/repainted so happy enough about that.


I've been rather distracted in the past several weeks, and rather absent here...and I missed it. There are plenty of arrangements to be made when a parent is terminally ill. We have tackled a large portion on my time off this week, so happy enough about that too. As happy as one can be about making funeral arrangements for their parent.


I have been to the park several times, so pretty, and more flowers out each day. I'm going to the farmer's market in the morning, looking forward to that. Mother has provided me with a long list of produce, so hoping to get most of it locally fresh at the market. We shall see.


I want to go camping, but alas, no one to camp with! Everyone is either away, busy, working, or not overly fond of camping when the chance of rain is so high. Sigh...I want to go paddling too, but have not yet found anyone available to go with. I may be shoving that boat in the water this weekend if I get a chance. Right now I have other physical issues reminding me of my gender with an exquisite backache when upright...I'll have to weather that out....sigh...


I am addicted to Farm Town on crackbook Facebook. I have many crops that take a fair bit of time to manage. Yeehaw. I grow many sunflowers.


Stormy was spooked by the downstair neighbor's cat when she came up to the gate to say hello. Stormy ran like the coward he is, and hid under my desk. They allow their cats to run outdoors, which I don't with Stormy. I don't think they are spayed either. Not that it matters. Stormy is neutered. He loves the balcony and I love that he has not figured out that he can easily escape by climbing over the gate. Good. He will continue to have balcony privileges until he does figure that one out. Sadly he has not figured out how to get up and sit on a stool to look over the railing. Not that I haven't tried, but the boy is stubborn and not that bright...a good mouser though.


I have installed two hooks for my hammock to hang off on the balcony. However one of them is in a precarious piece of timber, so I may have to abandon all hope of hanging the hammock there. I am now considering a patio umbrella to shelter the sitting area, allowing me and/or my friends to go out and sit in the rain, and they can smoke. Ideally, I would love a retractable awning, but this is just an old apartment, not my house, so I am not spending that kind of money.


I think Stephen King is calling my name...I shall retire to the balcony with Just After Sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment