Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Good Old Hockey Game

I am the least favorite fan of hockey, but last night as the Stanley Cup finals went into the last period of the 7th game, and a local boy was leading a team to victory...how could I not watch. For the most part, I watched sporadically during the first two periods, with the sound down and the music up. In the last period though, I was hooked. I wanted to see Pittsburgh win. I didn't really care which team it was. I was excited either way as there would be someone from the east coast of Canada on the winning team. And then they won. Now, local folks have been quite divided, as we have a huge Newfoundland population of folks around here, mixed in with the Bluenosers. So it hasn't been as much about Detroit vs Pittsburgh as it was about Newfoundland vs Nova Scotia...what a riot. Not being from either province, I was happy to have either team win, as there are a lot of Canadian players.

If nothing else, it kept the young folks busy last night, and the arenas were packed to watch the game on the big screen. Good for them. As far as I know, no one got shot last night, so there's that...hooray for the good ole hockey game.

No comments:

Post a Comment