Monday, March 8, 2010

Don't Ya Love Them Peepers!

So it has now been 3 years since I had laser surgery to correct my vision. I'm pleased to say it is a roaring success. I often have to remind myself that oh yeah, I used to wear contacts/glasses.  And wear them I did. I couldn't see to get around without them.  They were the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing off at night.  It has been exceptionally freeing. I would spend more time fussing and frigging around with my contact lenses than anything else, and I didn't enjoy wearing my glasses AT ALL. Laser surgery ended all that jazz.


The surgery wasn't what I was expecting as I had to get the more expensive one, which was a total drag, and took longer to heal, but in the end, I'm quite happy about the result. I used to wear a prescription of -10 in one eye and -9.75 in the other. My contacts only sized up to 10.  Now my vision is 20/20.  My eyes are dry from time to time, and i don't particularly like bright lights, florescent mostly, but such a small price to pay for not having to wear glasses.  I'd worn them since I was 6 years old and should have worn them before that as the first prescription was strong enough.


I loves me peepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment