Friday, November 20, 2009

My Dad's life in a sewing tin



I brought my father's sewing tin back with me from Grand Bruit last month.  I opened it initially, saw that it looked like it always did and haven't looked since. Today I opened it up again and surveyed the contents.  Like many sewing tins, kits, boxes, baskets, etc. it contained much more than sewing related items. The inventory was an interesting glimpse of my father's life. 

The golden round items at centre are buttons from his RCAF military dress uniforms. Several of his Sgt. stripes pins, along with many other pins, such as IFATSEA - International Federation of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Association and a beautiful crest pin from Goose Bay.  The little red heart reads "Place on thy heart one drop of the Precious Blood of Jesus and fear nothing" - Words of P.P. IX  (Pope Pius)

The small white item to the right of the Sgt stripes pin at bottom centre is what appears to be a piece of my father's tooth...

No comments:

Post a Comment